Saturday 14 July 2012

Heaven Tanudiredja

Why have I not heard of Heaven Tanudiredja until now??  I am completely enthralled and inspired with this designer's gorgeous jewelry! The Balinese born designer studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts and since has worked for Christian Dior and now Dries Van Noten where he is part of the creative team and is supported in his own line Heaven Tanudiredja . Learning of his work with Van Noten, I silently nodded in affirmation of the seamless aesthetic exchanged between the designers, as if it were the most logical and obvious thing ever. It all just seems to make perfect sense!

I am compelled by Tanudiredja's work for his brilliant fusion of materials such as plastic, metal, glass, his lively mix of colors and for the juxtaposition of the  aggressive, almost militant spirit (many of his pieces look like beautifully beaded and jeweled armor) with the feminine tradition of adornment. I am always personally attracted to jewelry that is chunky, bizarre and that manages to capture various tribal semblances and/or sci-fi/futuristic qualities. Lucky for me, these sort of desires seem to be trendy in fashion design right now and I'm finding more and more designers to placate my fantasies. More posts to come!















No comments:

Post a Comment